24.10.14

Dae Jang Geum



Come here you guys who love K-Pop! wait, I am not K-Pop'ers, but my pleasure to tell you about this kind of restaurant which is totally adopt korean style. FYI, Dae Jang Geum is the most Luxury Korean Restaurant in Yogyakarta. The first time I came to this Restaurant, I didn't know anything about Korea. Then, Diana told me that Dae Jang Geum is the name of Korean Drama. This restaurant could has been very popular then.



The exterior is totally Korean style, the patterns on the wall is their characteristics, in Foyer you will meet front desk first then the lady who wears Hanbok will show your seat. ah! you can ask to borrow their hanbok, but you have to pay IDR 20.000. I suddenly forgot that I was in YK

I don't know why there's mirror is standing in front of the main door. Feng shui said It will reduce the positive energy (Qi) that goes, maybe the designer wants the consumers can look their self  in order to remain having a good appearance.

In the center of building they have classic style, tall dining chairs and square dining tables are made by solid wood, in the top, they turn on the projector and show us Korean movie/reality show/drama. Cherry blossoms are surrounding this area.

The left side, they have many rooms like korean home, they have dining table floor and puffs in every room. The right side, they have backyard which looks like korean village, there are some gazebos, pools and statues. This place is very huge! I think I can playing softball here. lol

I never try korean food! it was my first time, and I prefer not to try korean food anymore,  pardon my local taste :( But Diana and Dias were enjoying till the last bite. Last time Diana, Dias, and I ordered Local Beef Bulgogi (IDR 65.000),  Teog Bog Ki (IDR 25.000), Gingseng Tea (IDR 15.000), Black Tea (IDR 7.000), Inner Beauty (IDR 17.500) and we got FREE appetizer, Kimchi, Sigeumchi Namul, and Kong Namul. Absolutely Ginseng Tea was my favorite! lol. Maybe I have to try another meal soon!

Dae Jang Geum
Palagan Tentara Pelajar KM 8,5, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

3 comments:

Caro * said... Reply

Marvelous place <3
So relaxing :)

Frisda A. said... Reply

@Caro * i think so:)

Anonymous said... Reply

Looks delicious! I like their jjangmyeon:)